CANNABIDIOL (CBD) FACT SHEET
Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid and is the active ingredient in Dixie X medicinal hemp products from Dixie Elixirs & Edibles. The information here has been provided as a resource. Notes about citations and the research follow.
Completely non-psychoactive. It is safe and non-toxic. Can never over-dose on CBD.
It is the second most common cannabinoid in cannabis sativa and indica plants and the primary cannabinoid in hemp plants.
Counters some of the negative effects of THC(ie. paranoia, intoxication, quick heartbeat (tachycardia) short term memory loss, lethargy/sedation, etc.)
Combining THC and CBD have been found to increase clinical efficacy while reducing adverse effects, even with only trace amounts of THC added. (CBD works synergistically with THC, bolstering its medical effects while moderating its psychoactivity)
Some medical benefits include:
- Has been found to relieve convulsions and other movement disorders. Is an anti-spasmodic and antiepileptic.
- At high doses (more than a few hundred mg) CBD can be sedative and helps insomniacs stay asleep longer. In low doses, CBD has been found to be alerting.
- It is also effective in reducing inflammation (anti-inflammatory), anxiety (anxiolytic), nausea (anti-emetic)
- Is a powerful pain reliever (analgesic) It is effective in both peripheral neuropathic pain and central pain
- It has been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth (anticarcinogenic)
- It is an immunomodulator and helps the immune system function more efficiently
- Is a neuroprotectant and a powerful antioxidant. It has applications in treatment for Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, cerebral ischemia, and brain and nerve damage from stroke.
- It is an anti-psychotic and recent research has indicated it is effective in treatment of schizophreni
CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, MS, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders, to name a few.
Has been found to be effective in treating gastrointestinal disorders like IBD and Crohn’s Disease