New FREE App by American Academy of Neurology: Concussion Quick Check
Make sure to download this useful guide on your iOS or Android powered smart phone today! It can really come in handy!
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aan.concussion&hl=en
Overview: This App is provided by The American Academy of Neurology (AAN), the world’s largest association of neurologists, who is the trusted authority in managing sports concussion. The Concussion Quick Check App can help coaches, athletic trainers, doctors, parents and athletes quickly evaluate if someone may have a concussion, head or brain injury and needs to see a licensed health care provider, such as a neurologist, who is specialized in concussion.
Key information and tools in the “Concussion Quick Check” app include:
– Common signs of concussion
– Symptoms of concussion
– Things the athlete may tell you
– What to do if an athlete has a head injury during a game
– What to do if it appears the athlete has a concussion
– When an athlete should return to the game
– Help finding a neurologist near you (GPS capability)
– Help finding state laws on concussion
– More about the American Academy of Neurology’s new guideline for diagnosing, treating and managing sports concussion